With less than a month to go before the BFI London Film Festival starts we look forward to chauffeuring some of the stars that will descend on the event.
Here we will give you a rundown of the galas, venues and celebrities that might appear to promote their new films. Also, if you are lucky enough to have been invited to one of the London Film Festival galas, here’s how you can arrive on the red carpet in style.
The 66th BFI London Film Festival
In 2022 the BFI is hosting the 66th London Film Festival. Quite aptly, there will be 22 world premieres over the 11 days celebrating British and worldwide films.
The event will take place between the 5th to the 16th of October in London and at cinemas across the UK.
With 22 world premieres, a whole host of celebrities, directors and producers will be visiting the capital city to celebrate their achievements.
Watch the trailer for the event here:
Want to learn about how to get around for other London events? Read our guide to travel during the Lord Mayor’s Show.
Where will the red carpet events take place?
All the London Film Festival Galas will take place at the Southbank Centre’s Royal Festival Hall. At the Southbank Centre fans will be able to watch world premieres with the stars of the films.
In total there will be 14 gala events at the London Film Festival. All will be at the Southbank Centre and feature red carpets for the stars and the people behind the camera.
Arrive in Style
Hiring a chauffeured car is perfect for people attending the London Film Festival red carpet events. You can hire a chauffeured car for the day and they will pick you up from your home or hotel and transport you in a luxury vehicle to the gala. Then once the event has finished your chauffeured car will be ready to take you to your next destination.
Festival Opening Gala
The opening gala is on the 5th of October 2022 and will show the film version of Roald Dahl’s Matilda the Musical. It is adapted from the stage show that swept up numerous awards. The film features Emma Thompson as the hateful headteacher Mrs Trunchbull as well as newcomer Alisha Weir in the titular role. The showing starts at 18.45, so expect stars to hit the red carpet from 17.45 on the 5th of October.
Festival Closing Gala
The closing gala is the much anticipated Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery on the 16th of October 2022. This is the follow-up to the surprise hit, Knives Out in 2019, with ex-Bond star Daniel Craig leading a star-studded cast. The film starts again, at 18.45, so the stars will start hitting the red carpet from 17.45 on the 16th of October.
Other Galas to Watch out for
As previously mentioned, there are 14 galas in total at the London Film Festival. The remaining galas at the Southbank Centre’s Royal Festival Hall include:
- Empire of Light
- Premiere at 18:00 on the 12th of October
- Starring: Olivia Coleman, Colin Firth, Michael Ward and Toby Jones
- The Banshees of Inisherin
- Premiere at 18:00 on the 13th of October
- Starring: Colin Farrell, Brendan Gleeson, Kerry Condon, Barry Keoghan
- Bardo, False Chronicle of a Handful of Truths
- Premiere at 17:00 on the 8th of October
- Starring: Daniel Gimenez Cacho, Griselda Siciliani, Ximena Lamadird, Iker Sanchez Solano
- Decision to Leave
- Premiere at 21:20 on the 14th of October
- Starring: Tang Wei, Park Hae-il
- Premiere at 17:00 on the 9th of October
- Starring: Bill Nighy, Aimee Lou Wood, Alex Sharp, Tom Burke
- Guillermo Del Torro’s Pinocchio
- Premiere at 14:15 on the 14th of October
- Starring: Ewan McGreggor, David Bradley, Gregory Mann, Cate Blanchett, Christoph Waltz
- She Said
- Premiere at 18:00 on the 14th of October
- Starring: Carey Mulligan, Zoe Kazan, Patricia Clarkson, Andre Braugher, Jennifer Ehle
- The Son
- Premiere at 18:00 on the 10th of October
- Starring: Hugh Jackman, Laura Dern, Vanessa Kirby, Zen McGrath, Anthony Hopkins
- Premiere at 17:30 on the 15th of October
- Starring: Danielle Deadwyler, Jalyn Hall, Frankie Faison, Haley Bennett, Whoopi Goldberg
- The Whale
- Premiere at 18:00 on the 11th of October
- Starring: Brendan Fraser, Hong Chau, Sadie Sink, Ty Simpkins, Samantha Morton
- White Noise
- Premiere at 18:00 on the 6th of October
- Starring: Adam Driver, Greta Gerwig, Don Cheadle, Raffey Cassidy, Sam Nivola, May Nivola
- The Wonder
- Premiere at 18:00 on the 7th of October
- Starring: Florence Pugh, Tom Burke, Kila Lord Cassidy
Is there a dress code?
The BFI has stated that there is no dress code for the gala events. However, when you step out of your car being smartly dressed will add to the occasion.
Add to the occasion and arrive in a luxury chauffeur-driven car, and it will certainly make it a night to remember.
Read about other stylish London events: London Fashion Week 2023
What other venues are hosting films?
There are 9 London venues as part of the Film Festival, these include:
- BFI Southbank
- Curzon Mayfair
- Curzon Soho
- LFF Expanded at 26 Leake Street
- LFF Expanded at the National Theatre
- ODEON Luxe West End
- Prince Charles Cinema
- Southbank Centre’s Royal Festival Hall
If you are unable to get tickets for the gala events there are other showings at other venues across London.
Do you need a chauffeur-driven car for the London Film Festival? You can feel like a star and hire a chauffeured vehicle for the day. Travel around London, see the sights and end your day with a viewing of the best films at the festival.
Are you travelling to the London Film Festival from Heathrow? Check out our guide on travelling to, through and from Heathrow Airport.